Whether you work in a restaurant, grocery store, hotel, office building or school, Clackamas County’s WE COMPOST program may be available to you. 75 percent of the waste that goes to the landfill comes from businesses. Studies show that food waste, food contaminated paper and waxy corrugated cardboard make up nearly 30 percent of that total.
By recycling food waste your business can have a positive impact on the environment. Removing food from the waste stream significantly reduces the global warming impact from landfills, since decomposing food waste is a major source of methane. Join the WE COMPOST Program! Eco-conscious customers will appreciate your commitment to reducing waste.
Having trouble viewing this video? Try a direct link
It’s easy to get started
Take these simple steps to join the WE COMPOST partnership.
- Contact Clackamas County WE COMPOST at 503-742-4458 or email@example.com.
- Schedule a free site visit to discuss the program and staff training.
- Rally your front line staff. See our resources below.
WE COMPOST offers these resources to your business.
- Free internal collection containers, signs, decals and Employee Training Guide
- Free promotional material to promote your efforts with customers
- Potential cost savings by reducing waste, donating and composting
- Assistance in purchasing acceptable compostable service ware
Donate the Best, Compost the Rest
Can your high-quality leftover food be donated to hungry people or used for animal feed? Before you compost food that has not been served, consider donation options. Clackamas County has partnered with local food pantries to ensure your donation safely gets to those in need and reduces disposal costs for your business. For additional information on how to donate food contact the WE COMPOST program or visit Fork It Over.
Food costs money to purchase and prepare. When it becomes food waste it also costs money to haul it away. By doing your best to minimize food waste and divert it from landfills to composting, you can reduce your operating expenses and help the environment. Think: “Reduce, Donate the Best, Compost the Rest.”
Contact the WE COMPOST program at 503-742-4458 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this page