News Release from: Clackamas Co. Sheriff's OfficePosted: Thursday, April 12, 2012
Media and Interested Parties
No-questions-asked 'Prescription Drug Take-Back' set for Saturday, April 28, 2012 at multiple locations
The DEA and Clackamas County Sheriff's Office host a no-questions-asked "National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day" at locations throughout Clackamas County from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 28, 2012. This is a great opportunity for the public to safely dispose of unwanted, unused prescription drugs. Disposal locations include:
- Public Safety Training Center parking lot -- Located on the corner of SE 82nd and Sunnybrook (across from Sweet Tomatoes);
- Wilsonville Police Department
- Happy Valley City Hall (16000 S.E. Misty Drive, Happy Valley; 503-783-3800). According to The Oregonian, donations of canned food for the Backpack Buddies program are welcome at the drop-off.
- The Milwaukie Public Safety Building, located at 3200 SE Harrison St. in Milwaukie. The City of Milwaukie's press release is here.
- Local police departments may also be accepting drugs -- call your local police department to confirm.
Flushing drugs into the water system is hazardous so this is a safe way to keep medications out of the home and out of the water supply. For more information contact the DEA Staff Coordinator at 1-800-882-9539.
[ END ]
Share this page