- Suspect photos: [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 (Photoshopped beard) ]
- Suspect bulletin w/ photos, description (PDF format)
UPDATE (September 21, 2012, 11:24 a.m.):
Lake Oswego murder suspect Erik Meiser has extensive criminal history
Please reference Clackamas County Sheriff's Office Case #12-27845
Erik John Meiser, date of birth 10/12/74, the suspect in the Sept. 17 murder of Fredrick Hayes in Lake Oswego, has a warrant for Aggravated Murder in Oregon.
Meiser has arrests in California, Colorado, Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin dating back to 1989.
Charges include; Burglary (multiple counts), Resisting Arrest (multiple counts), False Identification to Police, Possession of Narcotics, Vandalism, Disorderly Conduct, Battery, Trespass I, Theft, Assault (multiple counts), Assault-Domestic Violence (multiple counts), Assault -- Cruelty towards Child, Violation of Protective Order, Obscene Phone Calls, and Ethnic Intimidation.
ADDITIONAL UPDATE (1:40 p.m.): The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office learned today (Sept. 21) that police in Ogden, Utah hold a signed arrest warrant for Erik John Meiser (DOB 10/12/74) related to an incident in their city on September 8, 2012. The charges on the warrant are Aggravated Assault and Possession of a Dangerous Weapon by a Restricted Person. The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office does not have the details of that incident for release.
EARLIER (Sept. 20, 10:16 p.m.)
The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office has identified Erik John Meiser, age 37, as the suspect in the murder of Fredrick "Fritz" Hayes earlier this week at his home near Lake Oswego, Oregon.
A public bulletin with suspect information is available to download right here (PDF format).
NAME: ERIK JOHN MEISER
- Height: 6'5"
- Weight: 170-190 lbs.
- Eyes: Blue
- Last seen w/ facial hair (scraggly beard)
- Known to carry and use knives as weapons
- Interstate traveler
- Uses public transportation / foot travel
- Extensive criminal history (including assault, property crimes, drug charges, hate crimes, and resisting arrest)
- Tattoos: Left arm, left finger, Viking LF arm, right leg, abdomen, back, right calf, left leg, left calf, left shoulder (mostly white supremacy imagery)
REWARD OFFERED; TIPS SOUGHT
- Submit tips by phone at 503-723-4949 or using our online tip form.
- The public can also submit crime-tip text messages to the Clackamas County Sheriff`s Office from a cell phone. All users have to do is send a text message to CRIMES (274637 on your phone keypad) -- with the keyword CCSO as the first word in the message body.
If you see Erik Meiser, consider him armed and dangerous, do not approach him, and use extreme caution -- call 911 and give them the information.
If you have seen Erik Meiser in the last 7 days, call our Tip Line at 503-723-4949.
- EARLIER: Sheriff's Office investigates homicidal early-morning attack in Lake Oswego home; nearby schools on lockdown during suspect hunt; suspect sketch released; victim named; tips sought
- News-release archive
Adam Phillips, Sergeant
Office of Public Information
Clackamas County Sheriff's Office