Clackamas County Community Corrections and the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office will offer two free public-safety education classes for women age 14 and over on Sunday, November 3, 2013:
1. The first class, "Personal Protection Strategies for Women," is a classroom presentation from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and will discuss:
• Profiles of offenders
• Where you are most at risk
• Personal self-defense techniques
• Strategies for dating safety
• Personal defense devices and weapons of opportunity
• Safety considerations when home or out and about
• What to do if victimized
2. The second class, "Self-defense Tactics for Women," is a physical, hands-on class from 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. It's designed for women ages 14 and older, and will teach:
• Kicking techniques
• Striking techniques
• Escape techniques
• Defensive postures
• Assailant target areas
Pre-registration is required, and registration closes Monday, October 28. Class size is limited. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Classes will be held in the Clackamas area. The location will be provided during registration.
To register for a class, contact Rex M. Mercer at 503-722-6017 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
News release from: Clackamas County Community Corrections