A Special Message for Veterans & Military Personnel
The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office understands that veterans and military personnel are uniquely qualified for careers in law enforcement. As a vet or active reservist, you've been held accountable in situations well beyond what most people face at work.
You may be exceptionally qualified for a Sheriff's Office career because of your....
- Sense of duty
- Ability to work in teams
- Experience dealing with difficult situations
- Ability to problem-solve
You can learn more about a career with the Sheriff's Office by exploring the links at left. We're not just looking for Patrol and Jail deputies -- we're also looking for qualified administrative staff, records personnel, community service officers and much more.
Contact us if you have any questions.
Additional Employment Resources for Vets
• ESGR -- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve.
• Discover Policing -- Comprehensive information on law-enforcement jobs with extensive information dedicated to veterans.
• Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS) -- Veteran-specific information from the U.S. Department of Labor.
• Hero2Hired (H2H) -- career exploration tools, military-to-civilian skills translations, education and training resources.
• VetNet -- "A Career Service for Those Who've Served," on Google+.