The following numbered items describe modifications to the corresponding numbered items on the attached code summary list:
- Added exception: Conversion of existing non-habitable spaces, such as a basement or attic, to habitable space, shall provide a minimum 6 feet, 8 inches ceiling height for flat ceilings or the portion required for Exception #3 in this list.
- Change: The maximum length of a clothes dryer exhaust duct shall not exceed 35 feet…
- Change: B) The minimum stair landing width, perpendicular to the direction of travel, shall be no less than the width of the flight served. Landing of shapes other than square or rectangular shall be permitted provided the depth at the walk line and the total area is not less than that of a quarter circle with a radius equal to the required landing width. Where the stairway has a straight run the minimum depth in the direction of travel shall not be less than 36".
- Addition: b) Physical interconnection of smoke alarms shall not be required where listed wireless alarms are installed and all alarms sound upon activation of one alarm.
- Omission: Footnote e is removed from Table R702.3.5. Addition: The wall separation provisions of Table R302.6 does not apply to garage walls that are perpendicular to the adjacent dwelling unit wall.
- Change: Minimum footing size shall be set forth in Table R403.1 and Figure R403.1(1) or Figure R403.1(1)(A)…
- Change: No. 4 bars shall be located within 12 inches of the top of the wall and at the bottom of the footing with support and cover in accordance with Section R403.1.5.3.
Change: Where a construction joint is created between a concrete footing and stem wall, a minimum of one No. 4 bar shall be provided at no more than 4 feet on center. The vertical bar shall extend to the footing with support and cover in accordance with Section R403.1.5.3.3.
Change: For Slabs on grade, see Section R403.1.4.3.
- Change: …footings shall comply with requirements in Figure 403.1(1)(A).
- Change: Retaining walls that are not laterally supported at the top and that retain in excess of 48 inches of unbalanced fill or retaining walls exceeding 24 inches in height that resist lateral loads in addition to soil shall be designed in accordance with accepted engineering practice ... section shall not apply to foundation walls supporting buildings.
- Addition: The reduction in ventilation area is not allowed for naturally ventilated crawlspaces in new construction where radon-mitigating construction is required.
- Addition: Floor framing shall be designed and constructed in accordance with Chapter 5, Figure R502.2, Section R317, Section R318, and R301.2.2.2.5...
- Change: ... by means of a minimum ½ inch lag screws or bolts with washers in accordance with Table R507.2.
Change: ... In addition, hold-down tension devices shall be required to be installed per Figure R507.2.3.
Change: ... Decks that do not meet above requirements shall be designed and constructed as self-supporting structure. Section R507.
- Addition: Openings and cantilever joists are subject to the limitations set forth in Section R301.2.2.2.5.
- Addition: Refer to Figure R802.5.1.
- Addition: Exception 3. Heated or cooled detached accessory structures that are not habitable shall meet the following envelope requirements without any additional measures: Walls: R-21 / U-0.064; Roofs: R-38 / U-0.027 (attic) or R-20 continuous insulation / U-0.048 (above deck); Windows: U0.035; Opaque doors: U-0.70; Roll-up doors: U0.50.
- Change: Recessed light fixtures shall be IC labeled for direct insulation contact.
- Omission: N1104.2.8 Recessed lighting fixtures…