The holidays are usually a time for friends and family to get together and celebrate the season. However, this year as COVID-19 is spreading through our communities, we want to remind you Clackamas County is following the health and safety framework announced by Governor Brown that took effect Dec. 3, 2020.
Indoor gatherings can be a high-risk event for spreading viruses. If you plan on celebrating this year, please review a few reminders for holiday gatherings below.
If you’re hosting a holiday gathering this year:
- Limit the gathering to no more than six people total (indoor and/or outdoor)
- Limit the gathering to no more than one additional household
- Wear a face covering when with individuals outside your household and in public. Comply with the Statewide Mask, Face Covering, and Face Shield Guidance
- Gather outdoors, when possible
- Encourage family or friends to stay home if they feel sick, have COVID-19 symptoms (even mild symptoms), and/or if they are at risk for severe illness (over age 65 or have underlying medical conditions)
- Encourage guests to practice good hand hygiene with frequent handwashing for at least 20 seconds or to use hand sanitizer (60-95% alcohol content)