$19.39 - $24.40 bourly
We are currently looking for Temporary/On-call - Certified Medical Assistants (CMA) to assist medical staff with multiple tasks and communicate with clients.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Greets and instructs patients on visit process; prepares patients for examination; obtains medical history and takes vital signs; records weight, height, temperature, blood pressure and pulse; gathers patient chart, test results and other reports
- Collects specimens and performs standard diagnostic tests, such as hemoglobin count, pregnancy tests, urine tests, rapid strep screens, blood glucose, EKG’s and hearing and vision tests; prepares, processes and delivers specimens to clinic laboratory or packages for outside laboratory; record results in medical record or on laboratory logs
- Performs basic first aid, such as ear and eye lavages, changing dressings, stitch removal and treating minor burns, cuts and scrapes under direction of health care provider
- Maintains examination rooms and laboratory
- When assigned as Panel Manager: Coordinates patient care for team panel; tracks prevention activities, outreach to patients; manages team communication.
- When assigned as Team Assistant: Processes referrals to specialists, tracks and follows-up with patients; process prior authorizations, refills and durable medical equipment requests; processes paperwork.
- CMA certification
- Track record of excellence regarding patient safety standards
- Experience with performing injections
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly
Hours and Duration
This is a temporary/on-call position working up to 40 hours a week and floating between clinics.
This is a temporary status position and does not receive benefits. Employees will accrue one (1) hour of sick leave for every thirty (30) hours worked with a maximum accrual of eighty (80) hours per year.
This position is represented by Employees’ Association Part-Time/Temporary Union
Please submit a cover letter (limited to one page) and a resume to:
Leslie King at email@example.com.
The email should include ATTN: Temporary CMA in the subject line.
For further information, call Leslie King, at 503-722-6577
This position is opened until filled. Next application review date, Feb. 27, 2020.