Department: BCS – LINCC Library Services
Position #: 4576
Salary Range: $18.13 – $22.90 per hour DOE
Clackamas County's LINCC Library Services is recruiting for our part-time Courier pool.
Our Courier team transports library materials between all Clackamas County libraries daily. Courier vehicles are box trucks that utilize ramps and liftgates for loading/unloading.
Couriers load/unload vehicles with plastic library media crates (weighing between 20-50 pounds) and use hand trucks to transport crates between vehicles and libraries.
Couriers will participate in a central sort, where an automated machine sorts all library materials. Couriers will induct materials and label, move, & load crates. The central sort begins immediately after the courier routes are completed.
Part-time Couriers are assigned shifts on weekdays and weekends, which may be scheduled up to three months in advance. Hours are not guaranteed.
Shifts generally begin at 5:30 AM, and last approximately 5.5 hours (depending on the day of the week, assigned route, and volume of the central sort).
Route schedules are provided, and deliveries are made to each library within specific timeframes.
Ideal candidates will have prior driving/delivery experience and good customer service skills. LINCC will provide training on routes, vehicle operation, and loading/delivery procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Gathers, sorts, processes and delivers mail, library books and materials, goods and supplies to County departments within an established time schedule; transports sensitive items such as police and mental health case records, public health patient specimens, deeds and other legal documents, payroll and other checks and library materials.
- May operate a box truck or similar motor vehicle under a wide variety of traffic and weather conditions between libraries within the County and other public facilities; cleans and fuels assigned vehicle as needed; arranges for regular maintenance.
- Responds to inquiries from County staff regarding Courier functions and schedule; locates lost or misdirected items; maintains miscellaneous supplies in Courier office and truck.
Duties driving a motor vehicle may involve exposure to adverse weather conditions and traffic hazards.
Duties require frequent to continuous standing, walking and sitting for long durations, bending, balance, reaching forward, grasping, and climbing up and down, and the ability to lift up to 70 pounds, carry 40 pounds, push 75 pounds, and pull 90 pounds. Duties also involve frequent exposure to slippery surfaces.
- Pass a criminal history check
- Pass a post-offer physical assessment. Accommodation requests will be reviewed on an individual basis in compliance with State and Federal legislation
- Driving is required for County business on a regular basis or to accomplish work. Incumbents must possess a valid driver's license, and possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment. Specific information on the County's driving policy can be found at Driving and Vehicle Policy (EPP 52).
- Experience on the job driving and delivering
- Customer service skills
- Operation of automated sorting machine
Hours and Duration
Shifts will normally be between 2-7 hours, seven days a week. Specific hours of work will be discussed with the candidate selected for this position at the time an offer of employment is extended.
Please download the application form at www.lincc.org/jobs. You may email completed applications to email@example.com or fax to 503-794-8238.
Position will be open until filled. First application review date will be: Monday, August 1, 2022 at 5:00 pm.