Human Resources is providing enhanced service and administration for family medical leave
Family Medical Leave (FML) allows an eligible employee to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected time off work in a 12-month period for certain qualifying reasons, such as:
- birth, adoption, or foster placement of a child,
- serious health condition of employee,
- serious health condition of employee's family member (spouse or domestic partner, child, parent, parent-in-law, "in loco parentis" relationship), or
- the non-serious illness of a child (no medical treatment required, but child requires home care).
Review EPP 10 for more information about qualifying reasons for protected leave and your employment rights and responsibilities. Review the FMLA and OFLA posters for a summary of leave entitlements, benefits and protections, eligibility requirements and requesting leave under these Acts. For more information review EPP 10 or your collective bargaining agreement (CBA).
503-655-8550, option 1
- Complete the FML Request Form, including your supervisor’s signature
- Email the signed FML Request Form to email@example.com
We will provide you with additional information based on your leave request. You may be asked to provide medical documentation so that we may confirm your eligibility and benefits.
Once your leave is approved, a dedicated Leave Analyst will oversee your leave and help guide you through the process.58871
Mail: 2051 Kaen Rd, Ste 310, Oregon City, OR 97045
Who to contact?
Call: 503-655-8550 opt 1
If you are in one of the departments below, have an existing claim, and have case-specific questions, want to provide updates, changes or learn more about your options:
Leave & Disability Analyst
Leave & Disability Analyst
|Assessment & Taxation||911 – CCOM|
|Business & Community Services||Community Corrections|
|Clerk’s Office||County Administration|
|Disaster Management||County Counsel|
|District Attorney’s Office||H3S: Health Centers|
|H3S: Behavioral Health; Children, Youth & Families; Community Solutions; Housing Authority; Public Health; Social Services||Sheriff's Office|
|Public & Government Affairs|
Clackamas County also provides a leave donation program for employees on approved Family Medical Leave. Employees may donate vacation time to be converted to sick time to eligible employees that have exhausted all leave balances. For more detailed information please visit Leave Donation Program.58871
Other Leaves of Absence
Clackamas County complies with both Federal and State laws in providing various types of leave. Examples of leave programs currently provided by Clackamas County include:
- Military Leave
- Crime Victim Leave
- Domestic Violence Victim Leave
- Bereavement/Funeral Leave
- Jury Duty
- Sick Leave
For more detailed information about eligibility please click on the links listed above. If you are represented by a union, you should check the applicable collective bargaining agreement. Non-represented employees may find additional information in the County's Personnel Ordinance.
Leaves of absence policies are subject to change by legislative mandates and collective bargaining agreements.
- Certification for a Qualifying Exigency Related to Active Duty
- COVID-19 Leave of Absence Request Form
- COVID-19 Sick Leave Request Form
- FML Request Form
- Health Certification for Employee
- Health Certification for Family Member
- Health Certification for Injured Member of the Military (Med Cert Military)
- OFLA COVID Sick Child Leave Overview
- Release to Return to Work Form