H3S - Health Centers
Hourly Pay Range: $20.593154 - $25.915891
Starting salaries will be within the posted pay range, based on job-related factors, such as relevant experience. This may include military service, paid work, and unpaid work (internships, volunteering, etc.).
Clackamas County Health, Housing and Human Services (H3S) - Health Centers, is looking to fill a temporary Office Specialist 2 position to work in the call center or front desk as needed.
This position performs administrative support activities in a clinical setting interacting with patients in person or on the phone in a professional and courteous manner. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a health care or clinic setting working with a diverse population.
Roles and Responsibilities
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Independently consults with program and office staff to establish and revise clerical systems, files and recordkeeping procedures to meet specific program needs; presents and/or interprets information to supervisor or staff if necessary.
- Receives, transfers or refers calls to appropriate sources; provides complex or technical information which requires the interpretation of office or program policies and procedures in order to facilitate office operations or assist the general public; schedules appointments for clients with appropriate staff member(s); meets and greets the general public and/or clients and directs individuals to appropriate staff; checks in and processes clients in preparation for appointments; makes outgoing calls related to services or appointments; processes transactions, computes or verifies data, fees, or payments; determines when to refer members of public or clients with varying temperaments to appropriate staff member(s) for assistance.
- Processes, enters, and examines complex or technical materials such as legal forms, formal documents and records where specific procedural requirements are complex, and where accuracy and effectiveness are critical; interprets data for proper input to program formats; determines necessary changes to data gathered or entered; may perform duties or functions of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Composes routine correspondence and proofreads/edits document for grammar, clarity, punctuation and spelling without altering author's intent; updates and maintains spreadsheets, databases, and reports; tracks and logs data for the department, division, and or employees; returns documents to originating person for editing or approval.
- Maintains filing and record systems with a variety of subject matter to provide easy access to records and information; provides retention of records as needed and/or requested; assists with record requests as needed; consults with supervisor as to nature of data requested.
- Monitors and documents information and data in accordance with program requirements; posts records and makes adjustments or corrections to records as needed; maintains data and fiscal information for budgeting and billing purposes; examines and edits data for completeness and accuracy; corrects error in math, names, addresses, and other input data; interprets data for proper input to program formats; proofreads reports to verify accuracy of input.
- Provides assistance scheduling and setting up conference rooms for meetings and events.
- In consultation with supervisor, monitors and prioritizes projects and assignments; makes work assignments, trains employees, checks completed work and provides backup support to staff when needed; reports operating problems to supervisor.
- May interpret program procedures and guidelines, facilitate operations, and/or assist in the training of staff when working with public, clients, and other departmental personnel or staff of other businesses.
- Effectively operates complex equipment and office machinery in the office; serves as departmental liaison with service and vendor personnel when problems occur; reconciles routine problems by consulting technical manuals.
Per the Oregon Health Authority, (OAR 333-091-1010 & OAR 333-019-1030), this position is subject to the mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement. Prior to the start of employment, the selected candidate must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious exception in place with the County as a qualification of employment.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in an administrative office support or clerical role, such as drafting and preparing correspondence, organizing and maintaining detailed files, and tracking information. (Any combination of relevant experience, education and/or training that would likely provide the required knowledge and skills, may substitute for the required years of experience.)
- Understanding and knowledge of data entry and retrieval, principles of record keeping, and principles of bookkeeping
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience working with confidential and highly sensitive information
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to meet and interact with the public, clients, and other personnel in a courteous, professional manner
- Must pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check
- Bilingual English/Spanish fluency
Hours and Duration
This is an on-call position which will be used to cover staff sick and vacation time, so the hours will vary. Our clinic hours are 8am-7-pm Monday through Friday. Travel between clinics is required, clinic locations include: Beavercreek, Sunnyside, Gladstone and Sandy.
This is a temporary status position and does not receive benefits. Employees will accrue one (1) hour of sick leave for every thirty (30) hours worked with a maximum accrual of eighty (80) hours per year.
Please submit a cover letter (limited to one page) ) and a resume to:
Katie Anders, Office Supervisor at: KAnders@clackamas.us
The email should include ATT: Temporary OFFICE SPECIALIST 2 in the subject line.
For further information, please email Katie Anders: KAnders@clackamas.us
Applications will be accepted through Monday, May 30, 2022 until 5 p.m.