We plan, develop and implement countywide transportation and infrastructure improvements. Our work includes:
- Drive to Zero Transportation Safety Action Plan Update, 2017-18
- Transportation planning
- Managing capital improvement projects
- Reviewing site development plans
- Traffic engineering
- Road statute administration
- Local Improvement Districts
- Street lighting (Service District #5)
- System Development Charges
- Drive to Zero road safety initiative
Note on driveway inspections:
We inspect all driveway aprons and frontage sidewalks, including those within subdivisions that were previously inspected by the Building Services Division. Please call 503-742-4700 to schedule the inspections for this portion of your project.
- The fee for this inspection service is $166. You can receive the permit for this work at the Engineering Division on the third floor of the Development Services Building in Suite 325.
- The Building Services Division inspects the flatwork portion of the driveway from the back of the sidewalk to the garage/house. Please call 503-742-4720 to schedule the inspections for this portion of your project.