Clackamas County is offering “Living Well with Chronic Conditions”’, a six-week workshop offered at three locations in Clackamas County. Participants will discover “tools” that can improve one’s health and outlook on life. Free workshops are facilitated in small groups (10 – 15 adults) for 2 ½ hours each week, over 6 weeks. To register, call the Family Caregiver Support Program at 503-650-5605.
To register, call the Family Caregiver Support Program at 503-650-5605.
Living Well workshops are fun & interactive. Participants will experience ways to:
- Use positive thinking, breathing and relaxation techniques
- Deal with depression, anger, fear and frustration
- Learn methods to help deal with fatigue, pain, and stress
- Develop healthy eating habits & food choices;
- Discover appropriate physical activity for maintaining and increasing strength & endurance
- Communicate effectively with others
- Receive tips about medication usage & working with your healthcare team
- Brainstorm solutions to challenges and barriers
- Utilize problem-solving and decision making techniques
- Develop attainable weekly action plans