The community-led coalition will work collaboratively to prevent suicide and support people who have experienced suicide loss. Those participating will decide the priorities for action. Examples of priorities from other suicide prevention coalitions include:
- building awareness
- identifying strengths and gaps in services and supports
- better understanding what puts people at risk
- creating supports for families and communities who experience loss
- educating policy makers and advocating for changes
- leveraging resources by working together to combine efforts
- empowering the community to be ambassadors for suicide prevention
All are welcome. Every community, culture, race, or organization in our county has been affected by suicide, no one is immune from it. We invite participation from anyone who is concerned and wants to work collaboratively.
To RSVP or for more information, contact Kathy Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-742-5962.