New openings on ABCs: Health Council


From: Katie Wilson, Clackamas County Public and Government Affairs, 503-655-8552

Media and Interested Parties

Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.

New ABC openings from the past week include:

  • Community Health Council: This council has five vacancies for health center patients, and parents and guardians of patients, from all communities and diverse groups within Clackamas County. Each position carries a three-year term. This council is a group, made up mostly of patients, that helps to govern the county’s community health centers. The council is in greatest need of representation by patients served by Clackamas County Community Health’s primary care or behavioral health clinics.

    “It’s essential that we include the voices of our patients as we provide guidance and direction on programs that affect our county’s vital health services,” said Deborah Cockrell, Director of the county’s Health Centers. “To our valued patients, please consider applying to join this important council today!”

    The council and the Board of County Commissioners are responsible for the oversight of a federally funded grant that provides primary medical, dental and behavioral health services to residents of the county. Council member duties include working closely with staff to review and recommend service priorities for patients, determining program policies and providing fiscal oversight. The council meets monthly from 6:30 to 8 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of the month with the exception of holidays. Childcare and mileage reimbursement provided.

    The deadline for applications is Nov. 15. For more information, contact Jeanine Goodwin at or 503-742-5926.

Individuals interested in these opportunities can apply online at or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.