From: Dylan Blaylock, Public and Government Affairs, 503-742-5917
Media and Interested Parties
Clackamas County Commissioners have announced the recipient organizations of $300,000 for the 2018 Small Grants Program.
This is the 10th consecutive year Clackamas County has offered this critical program to help local nonprofits that provide services to vulnerable populations living within the county.
The $300,000 is a $50,000 increase from previous years. Some of the recipients and projects include:
- Building Blocks 4 Kids ($12,000): Helps youth aging out of the foster care system to establish a path toward a successful and independent life.
- Clackamas Education Service District – C-TEC Youth Services ($10,000): Funds the Youth Career Development Project, which helps prepare youth for various trade professions in demand.
- Community Warehouse ($7,500): Provides mattresses for families in need.
- Fort Kennedy ($10,000): Purchases a van to transport veterans in rural areas of the county to services.
Projects selected for funding demonstrate either the ability to become self-supporting or are a much-needed one-time expense. This year, 43 groups were selected for grants ranging from $770 to $15,000.
This was also the first year that the program gave priority to projects serving populations located within the county’s Equity Pilot Areas – Canby, Estacada and Milwaukie. Twenty-one organizations receiving project funding for specific areas of the county. Of those, 10 serve these areas.
A record 111 applications were received this year. Organizations receiving grants are required to show how funds are used. This continual evaluation includes reviews of service levels and performance measures.
This year’s additional 39 awardees, and their respective funded projects, are:
- A Village for One
- American Legion Milwaukie Post 180
- American Military Encouragement Network
- Angels in the Outfield
- Canby Center
- CASA of Clackamas County
- Central City Concern
- Christ the Vine Lutheran Church
- Clackamas County Council of PTA's Clothes Closet
- Clackamas Fire District #1
- Clackamas Women's Services
- Colton Helping Hands, Inc.
- Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon
- Evangelical Ministerial Association of Greater Estacada
- Family Promise of Tualatin Valley
- Father's Heart Street Ministry
- Gladstone School District
- HOPE Pantry - 1st Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Lewis and Clark Montessori Charter School
- Life Christian Center
- Lions Foundation of West Linn including West Linn Lions
- Love in the Name of Christ
- Molalla Aquatic Center
- Northwest Family Services
- Northwest Housing Alternatives
- Oak Hills Presbyterian Church
- Project Lemonade
- Sandy Action Center
- St. Vincent de Paul, Portland Council
- St. Vincent de Paul, Resurrection Conference
- St. Vincent de Paul, St. Aloysius
- St. Vincent de Paul Society, St. John the Baptist Conference
- Thelma's Place
- Trillium Family Services, Inc.
- West Linn Food Pantry
- With Love Oregon Inc.
- Youth Villages Oregon
Members of the media and public seeking more zcan contact Caroline Hill in the County Administration office at email@example.com or 503-655-8261.