New openings on ABCs: Emergency Medical & Planning Commission


From: Katie Wilson, Clackamas County Public and Government Affairs, 503-655-8552

Media and Interested Parties

Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.

New ABC openings from the past week include:

  • Emergency Medical Services Council: This council is seeking a volunteer to fill the recently vacated role of Public Service Answering Point (PSAP) Representative on the council. Candidates should currently serve in one of the PSAPs that provide 9-1-1 service to Clackamas County. This role carries a three-year term. This council advises the Board of County Commissioners on matters relating to the organization and running of emergency medical services in the county. The council meets quarterly and considers proposals from members, guests, and related subcommittees.

    The deadline for applications is Jan. 3. For more information, contact Jack Nuttall at or 503-742-5333.

  • Planning Commission: This commission has two vacancies opening up in spring 2019, each of which carries a four-year term. This nine-member commission advises the Board of County Commissioners on land use applications and land use legislation issues in accordance with the requirements of state law, the County Comprehensive Plan, Zoning & Development Ordinance, and County Code. Members do not need to be land use experts, but should be interested in engaging in discussions on countywide land use issues. To help ensure the Planning Commission represents the entire county, we encourage applicants from all areas of the county to apply.

    The Planning Commission conducts its business through public hearings and work sessions usually scheduled at 6:30 p.m. on second and/or fourth Mondays of each month in the county’s Development Services Building in Oregon City.  

    The deadline for applications is March 10. For more information, contact Darcy Renhard at or 503-742-4545.

Individuals interested in these opportunities can apply online or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.