From Tim Heider, Clackamas County Public Affairs Manager, 503-742-5911
Media and Interested Parties
Clackamas County Commissioners have named five candidates as finalists in a nationwide search for a new County Administrator. The county is seeking to replace County Administrator Don Krupp, who is retiring in January.
The County Administrator manages the employees and activities of the county by implementing the policies and goals of the Board of County Commissioners.
The five finalists are:
- Darryl (Troy) Bell, formerly Deputy City Manager, Walla Walla, Washington.
- Martha Bennett, Chief Operating Officer, Metro.
- Walter Bobkiewicz, City Manager, Evanston, Illinois.
- Laurel Butman, Deputy County Administrator, Clackamas County.
- Gary Schmidt, Director of Public and Government Affairs, Clackamas County.
Candidate interviews will take place in early January, but are closed to the public.
Members of the public are invited to meet the finalists during a public reception Monday, Jan. 7 from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Development Services Building, 150 Beavercreek Road in Oregon City. This is an opportunity to meet these exceptionally qualified candidates and offer your perspective and feedback.
Commissioners hope to hire a new County Administrator by late-January with an anticipated starting date by March.
For more information please contact Tim Heider at 503-742-5911 or email@example.com.