Media Release: Public invited to apply to serve on new Clackamas County roads advisory committee


Clackamas County is creating a new, permanent advisory committee, the Community Road Fund Advisory Committee, to focus on prioritizing congestion relief projects needed in unincorporated Clackamas County that will now be able to be funded through revenue from the new countywide vehicle registration fee.

The 15-member committee will be based in the Department of Transportation and Development, and will serve in an advisory capacity to the department and to the Board of County Commissioners. The county is looking for both residents and business people from throughout unincorporated Clackamas County, including both rural and urban areas.

Residents, property owners and business owners in unincorporated Clackamas County are invited to complete an application to be considered to serve on the committee. Since the committee is new, terms of service will be one, two or three years. Once the committee is established, all terms will be for three years.

Applications can be completed online at or on a paper form that can be obtained from Public & Government Affairs at 503-655-8751 or in person on the fourth floor of the Public Services Building, 2051 Kaen Road, Oregon City. 

All applications must be turned in by 6 p.m., Monday, May 6, 2019.

The committee will be responsible for:

  • Developing criteria to analyze potential capital congestion relief projects to be funded with countywide vehicle registration fee revenue, 
  • Applying that criteria to the high priority congestion relief projects to prioritize the projects and recommend the order in which the projects should be constructed.  
  • Reviewing and advising on other projects funded with vehicle registration fee revenue, including safety improvements and local road maintenance.  
  • Reporting progress of vehicle registration fee revenue and projects to the Board of Commissioners.

The committee is expected to meet several times during 2019, but eventually will meet quarterly. For more information, contact Ellen Rogalin at or 503-742-4274.

Contact: Ellen Rogalin
Phone: 503-742-4274