New openings on ABC: Community Involvement, Community Road Fund, Mental Health & Addictions

Main Content

Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.

Individuals interested in these opportunities can apply online or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.

New ABC openings from the past week include:


This committee has three openings, each of which carries a three-year term. Members advise the Board of County Commissioners and county staff on the development and coordination of community involvement programs that promote and enhance public participation. 

The committee meets on the third Tuesdays of the month in Oregon City. Experience and participation in a community planning organization, hamlet or village is helpful as a majority of the work on this committee is in conjunction with such groups. 

The deadline for applications is May 31. For more information, contact Katie Wilson at or 503-655-8552.


Clackamas County is creating a new, permanent advisory committee, the Community Road Fund Advisory Committee, to focus on prioritizing congestion relief projects needed in unincorporated Clackamas County that will now be able to be funded through revenue from the new countywide vehicle registration fee.

The 15-member committee will be based in the Department of Transportation and Development, and will serve in an advisory capacity to the department and to the Board of County Commissioners.  The county is looking for both residents and business people from throughout unincorporated Clackamas County, including both rural and urban areas.

Residents, property owners and business owners in unincorporated Clackamas County are invited to apply. Since the committee is new, terms of service will be one, two or three years.  Once the committee is established, all terms will be for three years. The committee will be responsible for:

  • Developing criteria to analyze potential capital congestion relief projects to be funded with countywide vehicle registration fee revenue, 
  • Applying that criteria to the high priority congestion relief projects to prioritize the projects and recommend the order in which the projects should be constructed.  
  • Reviewing and advising on other projects funded with vehicle registration fee revenue, including safety improvements and local road maintenance.
  • Reporting progress of vehicle registration fee revenue and projects to the Board of Commissioners.

The committee is expected to meet several times during 2019, but eventually will meet quarterly.  

The deadline for applications is May 20. For more information, contact Ellen Rogalin at  or 503-742-4274.


This council has 12 openings, each of which carries a three-year term. The council advises commissioners and the county Behavioral Health Director on community needs, gaps in services, barriers and priorities related to providing mental health and addictions services (including education, prevention and treatment), review grant proposals or other funding requests for state funds as required by ORS 430.350, and other grant requests as feasible, review and comment on preliminary budget requests to the Board of County Commissioners by the Behavioral Health Division for mental health and addictions services, provide a link to the community at large through advocacy, public information, and education and review, comment and make recommendations regarding the completion and clarity on applications of new service providers. 

This council has ten (10) MHAC meetings that are scheduled each year on the fourth Tuesday of the month (no meetings in March/December). These meetings are held at our Clackamas County Mental Health Crisis Clinic in Happy Valley. Ideal candidates will represent the geographic and ethnic diversity of the county and be able to participate consistently. Individuals or parents/guardians of children or teens receiving mental health or addictions services are encouraged to apply. More on MHAC can be found online

The application deadline is July 1, 2019. For more information, please contact Natalie Spilman at or 503-742-5924.

Department Staff
Katie Wilson
Public & Government Affairs