The National Weather Service has issued a heat advisory beginning at noon on Tuesday, June 11 and lasting until 9 p.m. on Wednesday, June 12.
As high temperatures hit our region, Clackamas County has identified multiple cooling centers around the county. People who need to cool off are encouraged to visit a cooling center to avoid the heat.
You can find a list of cooling centers at www.clackamas.us/socialservices/reliefcenters.html
Staying safe in high heat is important; follow these tips to stay cool:
- Avoid the sun and strenuous activity.
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat and light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothes.
- If you don’t have air conditioning, take a cool shower twice a day and visit a public air-conditioned facility.
- Drink plenty of fluids, even if you are not thirsty. Those on fluid-restricted diets or taking diuretics should first consult their physician.
- Stay in shaded areas whenever working outdoors.
- Be sure your pets have plenty of water and shaded areas.
Contact: Beth Byrne