New openings on ABC: Community Health, Parks & Tourism

Main Content

From: Katie Wilson, Clackamas County Public and Government Affairs, 503-655-8552  

Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.

New ABC openings from the past week include:

  • Community Health Council
    This council has one vacancy for a community member within Clackamas County. Each position carries a three-year term. This council is a group, made up mostly of patients, that helps to govern the county’s community health centers. The council is in greatest need of representation by patients served by Clackamas County Community Health’s primary care or behavioral health clinics.

    The council and the Board of County Commissioners are responsible for oversight of a federally funded grant that provides primary medical, dental and behavioral health services to residents of the county. Council member duties include working closely with staff to review and recommend service priorities for patients, determining program policies and providing fiscal oversight. The council meets monthly from 6:30 to 8 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of the month with the exception of holidays. Childcare and mileage reimbursement, and language translation services provided.

    The deadline for applications is August 29. For more information, contact Jeanine Goodwin at  or 503-742-5926.

  • Parks Advisory Board
    This board has two vacancies for alternates each of which carries a 4-year term.  This board represent the unincorporated areas of the county in advising administration and the BCC on matters pertaining to County Parks’ policies, management, development, acquisition, budgets and other significant matters related to park administration. More information can be found at online. This board meets the third Tuesday of every month at 6pm in Oregon City. 

    The application deadline is July 25. For more information, contact Christina Dannenbring at or 503-742-4663.

  • Tourism Development Council
    This council has four vacancies each of which carries a three-year term. This council guides tourism programs funded through the county’s Transient Room Tax (TRT) and are authorized by County Ordinance to oversee tourism promotion and development in Clackamas County. The TDC is comprised of nine members each of who serve a three-year term.

    This council is looking for  applicants with current management affiliation with a lodging property located within the county.  Those with a broad perspective and strong interest in implementing an energized and comprehensive tourism program for the county will be the preferred candidates. Board members reflect and represent the diverse population of the county.

    For more information on the marketing and tourism development efforts of Clackamas County Tourism and Cultural Affairs branded as Oregon’s Mt. Hood Territory, please visit

    The deadline for applications is July 2. For more information, contact Janice Nilson at or 503-655-8490.

Individuals interested in these opportunities can apply online at or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.