Media Release: Public invited to comment on Clackamas County transportation construction priorities at community meetings and online

Date
Main Content

In 2013, Clackamas County residents helped identify and prioritize needed construction projects to be included in a 10-year Transportation System Plan (TSP) for the county’s road system.  

Now, with a Community Road Fund supported by the new countywide vehicle registration fee, for the first time the county can look forward to having the resources to construct some of these projects.  

To help decide which projects are most needed and should be worked on first, six public meetings and an online open house are scheduled for late July and early August to gather input from people who live and work around the county. Transportation staff will share information about projects already identified and ask attendees for their suggestions and comments.

Mike Bezner, the county’s Assistant Director of Transportation, is enthusiastic about this new opportunity to improve roads in the county. “For the first time ever in Clackamas County, we will have local revenue to use on the local road projects that our residents, businesses and communities believe are most important.”

The meetings are scheduled around the county so people can learn about and comment on possible projects near their home, but all meetings are open to everyone. The meetings, which will be held from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., are as follows:

  • Monday, July 29: Harmony West Building, Clackamas Community College, 7738 SE Harmony Road, Milwaukie
  • Wednesday, July 31: Rose Villa Performing Arts Center, 13505 SE River Road, Oak Grove
  • Monday, Aug. 5: Lakeridge High School, 1235 Overlook Dr., Lake Oswego
  • Wednesday, Aug. 7: Beavercreek Grange, 22041 S Kamrath Rd, Oregon City
  • Thursday, Aug. 8: Hoodland Fire Station, 69634 US 26, Welches 
  • Monday, Aug. 12: Molalla Public Library, 201 E 5th St, Molalla

The revenue will be split between the county and cities in the county, with 40% going to cities based on population. Of the remaining 60%, the county is putting 10% in a strategic investment fund for joint county/city projects and will put 50% in the new Community Road Fund to use exclusively on county-owned roads.  

Contact
Department Staff
Ellen Rogalin
Public & Government Affairs
503-742-4274