New openings on ABC: Mental Health, Addictions & Water Environment Services

Main Content

Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.

Individuals interested in these opportunities can apply online or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.

New ABC openings from the past week include:


This council has 11 openings, each of which carries a three-year term. The council advises commissioners and the county Behavioral Health Director on community needs, gaps in services, barriers and priorities related to providing mental health and addictions services (including education, prevention and treatment), review grant proposals or other funding requests for state funds as required by ORS 430.350, and other grant requests as feasible, review and comment on preliminary budget requests to the Board of County Commissioners by the Behavioral Health Division for mental health and addictions services, provide a link to the community at large through advocacy, public information, and education and review, comment and make recommendations regarding the completion and clarity on applications of new service providers. 

This council has ten (10) MHAC meetings that are scheduled each year on the fourth Tuesday of the month (no meetings in March/December). These meetings are held at our Clackamas County Mental Health Crisis Clinic in Happy Valley. Ideal candidates will represent the geographic and ethnic diversity of the county and be able to participate consistently. Individuals or parents/guardians of children or teens receiving mental health or addictions services are encouraged to apply. More on MHAC can be found online.  

The application deadline is Aug. 17. For more information, please contact Natalie Spilman at or 503-742-5924.


This commission currently has two vacancies.  The seventeen-member commission provides input and makes recommendations on surface water and wastewater issues to Water Environment Services (WES) and the Board of County Commissioners (BCC).  Additionally, the committee:

  • Provides a forum for coordinating, learning, understanding and gathering input on surface water and wastewater plans, policies, rules and regulations, fees, and projects;
  • Reviews, discusses and makes recommendations on proposed operational and multi-zone capital improvements to the region's surface water and wastewater treatment systems, master plans, investment strategies and capital projects; and
  • Advises on and supports implementation of educational and public engagement strategies on issues relating to wastewater services, bio-solids management, surface water management, watershed health, erosion control and other related topics.

Ideally, members will have experience and/or background in wastewater management, watershed health and restoration, economic development, and/or surface water.  Members must reside or work within the WES service area.WES serves the cities of Gladstone, Happy Valley, Johnson City, Milwaukie, Oregon City, West Linn, and the communities of unincorporated Clackamas County.

Committee membership includes:

  • 6 ratepayers from cities in WES service area 
  • 2 ratepayers from unincorporated Clackamas County 
  • 3 elected officials 
  • 2 environmental representatives 
  • 2 members of development communities 
  • 2 business owners or managers     

The following seat on the committee is open for recruitment with a term that runs from the date the appointment is made, 2019, through December 31, 2021:

  • 1 member of the development community 

The following seat on the committee is open for recruitment with a term that runs from the date the appointment is made, 2019, through December 31, 2020 (two-year term):

  • 1 business owner or manager 

Application deadline is Aug. 15.  For more information, contact Lauren Haney at or 503-742-4591.