Clackamas County Transportation Maintenance will stripe roads at night to avoid disrupting increasingly heavy volumes of traffic during the day starting Monday, Aug. 26 depending on weather and other conditions. Workers will be on the job for up to a week from 8 p.m. - 5 a.m. throughout the county in the following order:
- Stafford Road: Advance Road to roundabout at Rosemont Road
- Rosemont Road: Stafford Road to Carriage Way
- Barlow Road: Hwy 99E to Knights Bridge Road
- Arndt Road: Airport Road to Arndt Road
- Union Mills Road: Old Farm Road to Beavercreek Road
- Redland Road: S Livesay Road to S Fischer’s Mill Road
- Johnson Creek Blvd: I-205 to Multnomah County line
- 82nd Dr.: SE Lawnfield Road to Gladstone City limit
No significant traffic delays are expected. Workers will cone off the work zone to keep traffic away. Travelers are asked to slow down, use caution near the work zone and be mindful of the traveling distance following the striping truck so as to not get paint on vehicles.
The work is being done at night to avoid disrupting the increasingly heavy volumes of traffic on these roadways during the day. Striping plays a crucial role in traffic safety by guiding motorists and other travelers on the roadway.