Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.
New ABC openings from the past week include:
- Clackamas Community Health Council: The Council currently has openings for 15 additional members. The Council oversees operations, budgets, and quality measures at the Health Centers clinics throughout the county. Per federal requirements, the Council must be composed of a majority of patient members, therefore current patients (or their guardians) will be given priority to join the Council to maintain compliance. The Council conducts business through public meetings that are held from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of each month in the County’s Development Services Building in Oregon City.
Council members are not required to have expertise in healthcare, but should be interested in improving the quality of care and patient experience in the Health Centers. Council members should be comfortable working with a diverse group of people and willing to reach consensus on various topics and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners. Council members who represent all geographic and demographic diversity is highly valued by the Council.
Application deadline is December 31. For more information, contact Ryan Spiker at RSpiker@clackamas.us or (503)722-6731.
- Design Review Committee: This committee has three openings each of which carries at four-year term. The Design Review Committee is a volunteer committee that is appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. The Design Review Committee meets on Tuesday mornings as needed in the Development Services Building at 150 Beavercreek Road, Oregon City.
Presently there are three positions whose terms are expiring. The County is actively seeking a representative from the field of graphic design as well as member from the general public with interest or experience in design review.
The Design Review Committee’s role is to serve as expert advisors to the staff on design review matters. The committee reviews commercial, industrial and multi-family developments within unincorporated Clackamas County.
Ideal candidates would have a strong design background, be familiar with Clackamas County and have an understanding of the permit/approval process within the County.
Design Review Committee candidates should possess the following skills:
- The ability to read and interpret site plans
- The ability to review site layout proposals in context with County Ordinance requirements.
- The ability to review landscaping and grading plans
- The ability to read architectural elevations
- Knowledge of building materials.
The application deadline is March 15. For more information please contact Darcy Renhard at 503-742-4545 or email@example.com.
- Historic Review Board: This board currently has three openings. Representation is sought from all demographic areas of the County, in accordance with ZDO Section 1307.03(D). Knowledge and/or expertise in historic preservation are encouraged for all open seats. All three seats are currently vacant. Terms all begin once appointments are made and will expire on April 30, 2021.
Primary duties of the seven-member board are to review applications for alterations or additions to historic landmark structures, to recommend the designation of new historic structures, and to review other land use applications involving historic landmarks. The HRB provides review and guidance to the Board of County Commissioners on matters related to historic landmarks.
The board meets the second Thursday evening each month as necessary in Oregon City.
Application deadline is February 9. For more information please contact Darcy Renhard at 503-742-4545 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Planning Commission: This commission currently has three openings each of which carries a four-year term beginning in Spring 2020. To help ensure the Planning Commission represents the entire County, we encourage applicants from all areas of the County to apply.
The nine-member Planning Commission advises the Board of County Commissioners on land use applications and land use legislation issues in accordance with the requirements of State law, the County Comprehensive Plan, Zoning & Development Ordinance, and County Code. Members do not need to be land use experts, but should be interested in engaging in discussions on countywide land use issues.
The commission conducts its business through public hearings and work sessions usually scheduled at 6:30 p.m. on second and/or fourth Mondays of each month in Oregon City.
Application deadline is March 15. For more information please contact Darcy Renhard at 503-742-4545 or email@example.com.
Individuals interested in these opportunities can apply online at http://bitly.com/ClackCoABCs or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.