Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Clackamas County READ MORE

New openings on ABCs: Mental Health & OSU Extension Clackamas and 4-H Budget

Main Content

Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.

Individuals interested in these opportunities can apply online or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.

New ABC openings from the past week include:

Mental Health & Addictions Council

This council has 12 openings, each of which carries a three-year term. The council advises commissioners and the county Behavioral Health Director on community needs, gaps in services, barriers and priorities related to providing mental health and addictions services (including education, prevention and treatment), review grant proposals or other funding requests for state funds as required by ORS 430.350, and other grant requests as feasible, review and comment on preliminary budget requests to the Board of County Commissioners by the Behavioral Health Division for mental health and addictions services, provide a link to the community at large through advocacy, public information, and education and review, comment and make recommendations regarding the completion and clarity on applications of new service providers.

This council has ten (10) MHAC meetings that are scheduled each year on the fourth Tuesday of the month (no meetings in March/December). These meetings are held at our Clackamas County Mental Health Clinic in Happy Valley. Ideal candidates will represent the geographic and ethnic diversity of the county and be able to participate consistently. Individuals or parents/guardians of children or teens receiving mental health or addictions services are encouraged to apply. More on MHAC can be found online.

The application deadline is February 24. For more information, please contact Natalie Spilman at or 503-742-5924.

OSU Extension- Clackamas and 4-H Budget Committee

This committee has 2 openings each of which carries a two-year term. The district was formed by voters in 2008 to provide annual property tax funding for local Oregon State University Extension and 4-H programs in Clackamas County.  The budget committee meets in April and May in preparation for a public hearing for the Extension and 4-H Service District to be held in early June with the County Board of Commissioners. Proposed budget documents will be ready for review by April17, 2020.  Anybody residing within the district boundaries (all of Clackamas County except Johnson City) is invited to apply.

Application deadline is March 31. For more information contact Leah Sundquist at or 503-655-8631.

Department Staff
Katie Wilson
Public & Government Affairs