Effective Wednesday, March 18, Clackamas County is temporarily closing many of its buildings to the public. The action will be in effect until at least April 6.
This action has been taken by the Board of County Commissioners to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and best protect the health of the public and county employees.
During this time, Clackamas County will remain open for business to the greatest extent possible. The goal during this time is to provide services virtually to the public as much as possible.
Courts and law enforcement are remaining open on a limited basis. Our District Attorney’s office, which generally follows the state court schedule, remains open and operating as normal. Many county employees have been instructed to telework from home.
The Board of County Commissioners’ Business Meeting this coming Thursday, March 19, is still scheduled for 10 a.m. Residents are encouraged to participate digitally.
Many departments and public-facing services continue to operate virtually, and will have staff available by phone during normal business hours.
The following is a list of how county departments/divisions can be reached during this time:
- Assessment & Taxation (open virtually, 503-655-8671)
- Business and Community Services (all divisions below open virtually)
- BCS Administration (503-742-4344)
- County Parks (503-742-4414)
- Economic Development (503-742-4BIZ)
- County Fair & Event Center (503-266-1136)
- Library Network (503-723-4888)
- North Clackamas Parks & Recreation District (503-742-4348)
- Oak Lodge/Gladstone Libraries (503-655-8570)
- Property Resources (503-742-4384)
- County Administration (open virtually, 503-655-8581)
- County Clerk (open virtually, 503-655-8510)
- C-COM/911 (Building closed to public, but operating as normal. Call 911 for emergencies)
- Disaster Management (open virtually but currently operating Emergency Operations Center, 503-655-8378)
- District Attorney (State courts remain open, operating as normal. Call 503-655-8431)
- Health, Housing and Human Services (H3S, see divisions below)
- All Health Clinics/Centers remain open.
- All other H3S Divisions (Behavioral Health; Children, Family and Community Connections; Housing Authority; Public Health; Social Services; Community Development) are operating virtually but can be reached to discuss client resident needs and take actions as appropriate. Check here for division contacts.
- Human Resources (divisions below open virtually)
- Recruitment (503-655-8459)
- Benefits (503-655-8550)
- Leave Administration (503-655-8550)
- Workers’ Compensation (503-655-8252)
- Justice Court (open virtually, 503-794-3800, Mon – Fri 8 a.m. to noon; 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Juvenile (open as normal, contact 503-655-8342 for info)
- Law Library (open virtually, 503-869-7428)
- Public and Government Affairs (open virtually, 503-655-8751)
- Tim Heider, Coronavirus PIO (971-219-7271)
- Dylan Blaylock, Acting PIO for all other media issues (503-278-6841)
- Resolution Services (open virtually, 503-655-8415)
- Sheriff’s Office (law enforcement remain operating). Office closures include:
- Family Justice Center (operating virtually, Mon-Thur, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Friday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., 503-655-8600. After hours, contact Clackamas Women’s Services, 503-654-2288)
- Public Safety Training Center (closed to public, PSTCadmin@clackamas.us, questions regarding concealed handgun licensing: 503-794-8059)
- Transition Center (closed)
- Technology Services – GIS Storefront (closed entirely)
- Tourism & Cultural Affairs (open virtually, 971-334-9479)
- Transportation & Development (all offices and lobbies open virtually, see below)
- Main department number (503-742-4400)
- Building codes (503-742-4240)
- Code Enforcement (503-742-4452)
- Development Agency (503-742-4322)
- Dog Services (503-655-8628)
- Fleet Services (503-650-3300)
- Garbage & Recycling (503-557-6363)
- Motor Carrier Safety (503-742-4771)
- Planning & Zoning (503-742-4500)
- Septic & Onsite Wastewater (503-742-4740)
- Street Lighting District (503-742-4691)
- Surveyor (503-655-4475)
- Sustainability (503-557-6363)
- Transportation Engineering (503-742-4691)
- Transportation Maintenance (503-557-6391)
- Treasurer (open virtually, 503-742-5990)
- Water Environment Services (open virtually, contact 503-742-4567)
Residents are encouraged to check the county’s alert page for ongoing updates, at www.clackamas.us/alert.
For a full county department list, visit https://www.clackamas.us/departments