Stone Creek Golf Club in Oregon City is re-opening its golf course, driving range and golf carts to the public effective May 1, 2020, with extra precautions and restrictions to help ensure the safety of staff and patrons. There will be monitors on site to help enforce the six-foot distancing guidelines.
All buildings, including the Pro Shop, Event Center, and food and beverage services, will remain closed to the public.
Gordon Tolbert, owner of TGMS, which runs Stone Creek, says, “I have been in contact with members of the golf community both within Oregon and around the country, and we are adopting the procedures that most golf courses have used to successfully re-open.”
In addition to a deep-cleaning of all of buildings, equipment and materials, Stone Creek is also taking special precautions.
To increase safety for patrons checking in:
- Patrons are asked to pay online (preferred) or with a credit card; cash will only be accepted if no other means of payment is available
- Minimal merchandise (golf balls, tees, hats, gloves) will be for sale, payment by credit card preferred and cash will only be accepted if no other means of payment is available
- Staff handling on-site credit card and cash payments will be behind Plexiglas or similar material
- Concrete tape has been placed on the ground to show people where to stand to keep required social distancing
To increase safety while using golf carts:
- Only one rider is permitted per cart
- All cart rentals have been spaced eight feet apart
- All carts and cart keys are sanitized before and after each use
To increase safety on the driving range:
- Tee markers have been spaced eight feet apart
- Baskets and balls will be sanitized before and after each use
To increase safety on the golf course:
- Pool noodle sections have been placed in holes to keep balls from falling in the cup (so there will be less points of contact)
- Sanitary wipes have been installed outside port-o-potties for patrons to clean door handles before entry
- Replaced push-open garbage cans with open-mouth garbage cans
- Removed bunker rakes, benches, ball washers and water coolers
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be encouraged for patrons and required for staff:
- Staff will be required to wear gloves and masks will be highly encouraged per OSHA guidelines
- All staff will be trained on the proper use of gloves and masks
- Patrons will be encouraged to wear masks and wash their hands often
- Hand sanitizer will be available for both patron and staff use
For more information or to make a reservation, visit https://www.stonecreekgolfclub.net/ or call 503-518-4653.