Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Clackamas County READ MORE

New openings on ABC: Community Health, Community Involvement & Parks

Main Content

Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.

New ABC openings from the past week include:

Clackamas Community Health Council

The Council currently has openings for 16 additional members. The Council oversees operations, budgets, and quality measures at the Health Centers clinics throughout the county. Per federal requirements, the Council must be composed of a majority of patient members, therefore current patients (or their guardians) will be given priority to join the Council to maintain compliance. The Council conducts business through public meetings that are held from 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm on the fourth Wednesday of each month in the County’s Development Services Building in Oregon City.

Council members are not required to have expertise in healthcare, but should be interested in improving the quality of care and patient experience in the Health Centers. Council members should be comfortable working with a diverse group of people and willing to reach consensus on various topics and make recommendations to Health Centers Leadership and the Board of County Commissioners. Individuals who represent all geographic areas and demographics are highly valued by the Council.

Application deadline is June 30. For more information, contact Ryan Spiker at or 503-722-6731.

Committee for Community Involvement

This committee has six openings each of which carries a three-year term. Members advise the Board of County Commissioners and county staff on the development and coordination of community involvement programs that promote and enhance public participation. 

The committee meets on the third Tuesdays of the month in Oregon City. Experience and participation in a community planning organization, hamlet or village is helpful as a majority of the work on this committee is in conjunction with such groups. 

The deadline for applications is July 31. For more information, contact Katie Wilson at or 503-655-8552.

Clackamas County Parks Advisory Board

This board has four vacancies each of which carries a four-year term. Parks Advisory Board (PAB) members represent the unincorporated areas of the county in advising administration and the Board of County Commissioners on matters pertaining to County Parks’ policies, management, development, acquisition, budgets and other significant matters related to park administration.  Applicants must be residents of Clackamas County.  The PAB meets the third Tuesday of the month at 6pm at the County Parks’ administration office at 150 Beavercreek Road, Oregon City. More on the PAB can be found online.

The deadline for applications is July 9. For more information about the PAB and this opportunity, contact Christina Dannenbring at   

Individuals interested in these opportunities can apply online or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.

Department Staff
Katie Wilson
Public & Government Affairs