Announcement of Recruitment for Community Volunteers Hospital Facility Authority of Clackamas County Board (HFACC)

Main Content

The Hospital Facility Authority of Clackamas County has two community volunteer openings.  Each membership carries a four year term; the board is composed of six community members and one member of the Clackamas County Board of Commissioners.  This board was re-established in 2017 to meet the needs of qualifying health care entities requesting access to bond financing for capital investments.

The activities include:

  • Act as the governing body of the HFACC, which is a Hospital Facility Authority authorized pursuant to ORS Chapter 441.
  • The HFACC board is authorized to review and decide, among other duties, the appropriateness of issuing revenue bonds as a conduit financing for construction and expansion of hospital facilities and other health-services and elderly care entities.
  • The board hears requests from operators of such facilities and decides whether to allow access through the Authority to bond financing for which the interest is tax exempt to bond purchasers.

Board duties include: 

  • Reviewing and understanding complex bond financing options, for which a measure of general or professional knowledge of revenue bonds, health care services, and/or long term care facilities will be required.
  • Duties also include evaluating the appropriateness and cost of the financing approach, the ability of the requesting facility operator to pay off the requested debt instruments, and the options for the structure and terms of the bond issues.
  • Meetings of the HFACC board are held at least quarterly, and more often as the requests for consideration are received.  Board members do not receive compensation but may be reimbursed for appropriate travel and other out of pocket expenses incurred as board members.

Applications must be submitted by July 31.  For more information please contact Elizabeth Comfort in Clackamas County Department of Finance, at,  or (503) 742-5405. 

Individuals interested in these opportunities can apply online or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.

Department Staff
Katie Wilson
Public & Government Affairs