Apply for the Housing Authority Board

Main Content

Updated 11/18/20: The deadline to apply has been extended to Friday, Dec. 18.

Are you willing to spend time and energy to make a big difference in the lives of people in Clackamas County who are struggling with homelessness and housing insecurity?

If you have a passion for affordable housing, please consider applying for the Housing Authority Board. The deadline to submit your application is Friday, Dec. 18.   

Apply for the Housing Authority Board

Requirements for the Housing Authority of Clackamas County Board Member

  • Must be a resident of Clackamas County.
  • Must be able to attend and actively participate in monthly meetings with staff to receive information essential to participating in Board meetings. These meetings are held prior to the HACC Business Meetings, which are on third Thursdays.  At times there are special business meetings held to move important items forward according to deadlines, generally there are two to three required meetings per month.
  • The successful candidate will be a voting member of the Housing Authority Board along with the elected County Commissioners and one housing authority resident.
  • Must have good reading and interpretation skills and the ability to communicate via email.
  • The successful candidate must have experience working in the affordable housing industry with a preference for experience related to affordable housing development and financing; experience serving on boards and participating in public engagement and speaking events is preferred.
  • Must be willing and able to review and come prepared to discuss the Board materials to be presented and voted upon at Housing Authority business meetings. (The Housing Authority will provide a tablet or laptop to review and study Board materials as well as internet access as needed.)
  • Must have the ability to obtain transportation to all required meetings. HACC will provide compensation for travel costs at the federal reimbursement rate.

Read the Housing Authority bylaws.

Call Erin Fernald at 971-501-0966 or email with any questions.