Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.
Individuals interested in these opportunities can apply online or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751, or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.
New ABC openings from the past week include:
Water Environment Services Advisory Committee
This commission will have six vacancies; five carrying a three-year term, and one carrying a one-year term. The twenty one-member commission provides input and makes recommendations on surface water and wastewater issues to Water Environment Services (WES) and the Board of County Commissioners (BCC). Additionally, the committee:
- Provides a forum for coordinating, learning, understanding and gathering input on surface water and wastewater plans, policies, rules and regulations, fees, and projects;
- Reviews, discusses and makes recommendations on proposed operational and multi-zone capital improvements to the region's surface water and wastewater treatment systems, master plans, investment strategies and capital projects; and
- Advises on and supports implementation of educational and public engagement strategies on issues relating to wastewater services, bio-solids management, surface water management, watershed health, erosion control and other related topics.
Ideally, members will have experience and/or background in wastewater management, watershed health and restoration, economic development, and/or surface water. Members must reside or work within the WES service area.
WES serves the cities of Gladstone, Happy Valley, Johnson City, Milwaukie, Oregon City, West Linn, and the communities of unincorporated Clackamas County.
Committee membership includes:
- 6 ratepayers from cities within the service area
- 2 ratepayers from the unincorporated portion of Clackamas County who reside within the service area
- 6 elected officials
- 2 environmental representatives
- 2 members of the development community
- 2 business owners or managers from service area
- 1 representative from the City of Milwaukie
The following seats on the committee are open for recruitment with terms that run from January 1, 2021, through December 31, 2024 (three-year term):
- 1 ratepayer from the City of Gladstone
- 1 ratepayer from the City of Oregon City
- 1 ratepayer from the City of Happy Valley
- 1 ratepayer from the City of Milwaukie
- 1 business owner or manager in the WES Service area
The following seat on the committee is open for recruitment with a term that runs from January 1, 2021, through December 31, 2021 (one-year term):
- 1 unincorporated Clackamas County representative
Application deadline is Dec. 3, 2020. For more information, contact Lauren Haney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-313-4243.
Compensation Board For Elected Officials
This board has one vacancy which carries a four-year term for a residents knowledgeable in human resources and compensation management. Members of this three-person board attend four to five meetings (typically 2 hours each) in March and April.
Duties of the Compensation Board for Elected Officials include annual review of Clackamas County elected officials' salaries and submission of a recommended compensation schedule to the county’s Budget Committee. Subject salaries include those of the County Sheriff, Assessor, Treasurer, Clerk, Commissioners, District Attorney and Justice of the Peace.
In order to have balance and diversity of membership in the areas of geography, gender, interest and experience, Commissioners are looking for members from all backgrounds and areas of Clackamas County.
The deadline for applications is Dec. 31. For more information contact Heather Pedersen at email@example.com.