Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.
New ABC openings from the past week include:
- Clackamas County Library Advisory Board: This board, formerly called the Library Board of Trustees will have terms of four years. However, this board is new and the terms will be staggered so initial terms may be different to ensure staggered transitions moving forward. This board has five vacancies. Three seats are dedicated to community members from the Oak Lodge Library Service District, One for an incorporated Gladstone Library Service District area and one for the unincorporated Gladstone Library Service District Area. The purpose of the Clackamas County Library Advisory Board is to represent the residents within the Oak Lodge Library and Gladstone Library Service Areas of the Clackamas County Library District, which was established by the approval of Measure 3-310, by providing community perspective to the Board of County Commissioners in matters concerning library services, policies, and library-related issues in general.
The responsibilities of the Advisory Board are as follows:
- Make recommendations concerning the library to the Library Manager and Board of County Commissioners (BCC).
- Review budget for compliance with existing legislative and policy guidelines.
- Recommend annual adoption of the proposed budget to the Budget Committee.
- Recommend appointment of prospective members to the BCC.
- With guidance from staff, determine resolution of challenged materials.
- Assist in the development of short and long-term goals for the provision of library services to the community.
- Represent the needs, interests, and desires of library users and residents of the service areas.
To learn more about Clackamas County Library Advisory Board and the role of board volunteers visit https://web3.clackamas.us/abc/abc.jsp
Application deadline is January 14. For more information contact Mitzi Olson at email@example.com.
Individuals interested in this opportunity can apply online at http://bitly.com/ClackCoABCs or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.