Recruitment for Clackamas County Community Road Fund Advisory Committee open through July 12

Main Content

Clackamas County residents, property owners and business people are invited to apply to fill one of seven positions on the county’s Community Road Fund Advisory Committee (CRFAC).  The 15-member committee, based in the Department of Transportation and Development, serves in an advisory capacity to the department and to the Board of County Commissioners.

The CRFAC was established in 2019 to prioritize congestion relief projects needed in unincorporated Clackamas County to be funded through the Community Road Fund -- the revenue from the countywide vehicle registration fee that became effective in January 2020.

The county is looking for applicants from throughout unincorporated Clackamas County, including both rural and urban areas, to apply to fill the following six positions on the CRFAC:

  • One position to serve through June 30, 2022
  • One position to serve through June 30, 2023
  • Five positions to serve through June 30, 2026

In its first year the Committee met seven times to develop and apply criteria to high priority congestion-relief projects to recommend to the Board of County Commissioners which ones should be funded first through the new vehicle registration fee revenue.  The Committee also reviewed and advised the Board on funding priorities for safety improvements and local maintenance projects, also funded through the new Community Road Fund.

The Committee now meets two to three times a year, as determined by committee members, to:

  • Review the criteria used to identify priority projects and the status of projects approved for construction
  • Update project lists over time as road construction projects are completed and as there are changes in project schedules
  • Report the status of the Community Road Fund and projects funded by the Community Road Fund to the Board of County Commissioners

People may apply online or with a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751. The final deadline for applications is July 12.  

For more information, contact Ellen Rogalin at

Department Staff
Katie Wilson
Public & Government Affairs