Wildfire Fee Waiver

Main Content

June 2021

On April 13, 2021, the Clackamas County Board of Commissioners approved a building permit fee waiver for structures lost in the September 2020 wildfires.

The fee waiver is for single-family dwellings and accessory structures that burned in the 2020 wildfires that are un-insured or under-insured.

If a property is eligible based on insurance status, the waiver will cover 100% of the building permit and plan review fees. Please note that electrical, mechanical and plumbing permit fees will still apply.

In order to qualify for the fee waiver, property owners must complete, sign and notarize an Affidavit of Insufficient Insurance Coverage to affirm the insurance status of their structure(s) by attesting that the impacted structure(s)s are un-insured or under insured.

When a property owner submits the Affidavit, the county may request verification that the home or other structure was lost in the September 2020 wildfires. The Affidavit along with the required permit applications and submittal documents will be reviewed and responded to by Clackamas County Development Services staff.



We will issue refunds for structures that were permitted prior to the approval of the waiver with the submission of a completed affidavit. Please contact Clackamas Building Codes at 503-742-4240


Building permits are not required for agricultural buildings which meet ORS 455.315 and land use regulations. Please submit a permit application to Clackamas Building Codes division to ensure the building qualifies for the exemption.


The fee waiver will be available through June 30, 2022.


The Clackamas County Assessment and Taxation Office will be able to verify ownership or you may provide legal documents such as a deed.

  • School Construction Excise Tax (CET) - It is up to the school districts to determine whether to waive these fees. In most cases, if there was a home, the homeowner would pay the difference between the original square footage and any additional square footage. (School CET’s are based on square footage.)
  • System Development Charges (SDCs) - SDCs will be determined by the service provider. In most cases, if the utilities are existing, additional fees will not be required.

For more information, please contact Clackamas County Building Codes at bldservices@clackamas.us or call 503-742-4741.