New Volunteer Opportunities: Tourism

Main Content

Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County. 

Individuals interested in this opportunity can apply online or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.    

New ABC openings from the past week include:

Tourism Development Council

The Clackamas County Board of Commissioners (BCC) is seeking residents to fill one vacancy on the Tourism Development Council (TDC).  The TDC guides tourism programs funded through the county’s Transient Room Tax (TRT) and are authorized by County Ordinance to oversee tourism promotion and development in Clackamas County. The TDC is comprised of nine members, each appointed to a three year term by the BCC.

Commissioners are looking for applicants with a current management affiliation with a lodging property located within the county. Those with a broad perspective and strong interest in implementing an energized and comprehensive tourism program for the county will be the preferred candidates. Board members reflect and represent the diverse population of the county and a range of tourism industry sectors.

The TDC currently meets the second Wednesday of the month from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., at various locations in the county or virtually via Zoom.

The due date for applications is Aug. 9. For more information, please visit their website or contact Samara Phelps at 971-334-9479 or

Department Staff
Katie Wilson
Public & Government Affairs