Development Direct, Clackamas County’s new online development services permitting system, goes live Sept. 1
Beginning Sept. 1, a new permitting and plan review system – Development Direct – will allow Clackamas County residents and developers to apply for and receive Building, Site Development, Right of Way and Utility permits entirely online.
With Development Direct, customers will be able to do the following online:
- Complete and submit applications for Building, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Site Development, Right of Way and Utility permits. (The county plans to add Septic and Land Use permits to the system in 2022.)
- Have county staff review and approve plans and documents
- Purchase and receive trade permits for mechanical, electrical and plumbing work that does not require plan review
- Pay fees and manage projects from start to finish
- Have 24/7 access to real-time information about the status of permits and plans
Customers who don’t have access to a computer may:
- Stop by the Development Direct kiosk in the second floor permitting lobby of the Development Services Building, 150 Beavercreek Road, Oregon City, to scan a limited-size drawing package, upload files, and navigate the online application and payment screens.
- Receive individual support in person or by telephone.
Cheryl Bell, Assistant Director of the County’s Department of Transportation and Development, explained the impetus for the new system:
“Before the pandemic customers had to submit paper permit applications and documents. That was challenging because up to seven internal workgroups and a variety of outside service districts might need to review the materials and customers had to drive to our offices. The temporary online system we put in place with the onset of COVID-19 in spring 2020 wasn’t designed for the long term, so we began working on this permanent solution for our customers.”
For more details about Development Direct:
- Visit the webpage
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 503-742-4400
- Stop by the permits counter on the second floor of the Development Services Building, 150 Beavercreek Road, Oregon City, during office hours:
- Mon–Thurs, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fridays, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.