Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.
Individuals interested in this opportunity can apply online or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.
New ABC openings from the past week include:
Clackamas County Service District No. 5 (CCSD#5) Budget Committee
This committee is seeking one volunteer. The purpose of this Committee is to review and ensure timely and cost effective street lighting operation, maintenance and installation for property owners within the lighting district. The term is for three years.
The Committee for CCSD#5 currently meets virtually through a zoom meeting twice a year between May-June. Experience and participation in an advisory committee is helpful as a base of knowledge for committee work, but not necessary.
The application deadline is Tuesday, April 18. For more information about SD5 please call Wendi Coryell at 503-320-8764 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clackamas County Library Advisory Board
The purpose of the Clackamas County Library Advisory Board is to represent the residents within the Oak Lodge Library and Gladstone Library Service Areas of the Clackamas County Library District, which was established by the approval of Measure 3-310, by providing community perspective to the Board of County Commissioners in matters concerning library services, policies, and library-related issues in general.
Board members have staggered four-year terms. This board currently has three vacancies:
- Regular Oak Lodge member for unincorporated Oak Lodge (must reside within the unincorporated Oak Lodge Library Service Area – see map).
- Alternate Oak Lodge member for unincorporated Oak Lodge (must reside within the unincorporated Oak Lodge Library Service Area – see map).
- Alternate Gladstone member for Gladstone (must reside within the City of Gladstone or unincorporated Gladstone – see map).
The responsibilities of the Advisory Board are as follows:
- Make recommendations concerning the library to the Library Manager and Board of County Commissioners (BCC).
- Review budget for compliance with existing legislative and policy guidelines.
- Recommend annual adoption of the proposed budget to the Budget Committee.
- Recommend appointment of prospective members to the BCC.
- With guidance from staff, determine resolution of challenged materials.
- Assist in the development of short and long-term goals for the provision of library services to the community.
- Represent the needs, interests, and desires of library users and residents of the service areas.
Please review this important information:
Application deadline is May 1. For more information, contact Mitzi Olson by phone at 503-655-8570 or by email at email@example.com.
Library District Budget Committee
This committee has three vacancies, each of which carries a three-year term. In particular, the county is seeking applicants with a background in finance and/or public library services. The Budget Committee participates annually with the Board in receiving and reviewing the Library District budget. The Library District Budget Committee participates in budget meetings in the spring and approves the budget and District tax rate each year. The history and other background regarding the Library District can be found on the Clackamas County Library District’s website.
Applicants from the District’s service area who are dedicated to public library services are encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is April 17. For more information contact Eileen Stein, BCS Interim Deputy Director at 503-319-2456 or firstname.lastname@example.org.