New Volunteer Opportunities: Housing, NCPRD Milwaukie Center

Main Content

Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County. 

Individuals interested in this opportunity can apply online or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.    

New ABC openings from the past week include:

Housing Advisory Board

The Housing Advisory Board (HAB) advises the Board of Commissioners and Housing Authority Board on housing development, policy matters, housing issues, and programs and services for low-and moderate-income residents of Clackamas County. 

In addition to these duties, the HAB will provide analysis and feedback regarding proposed Metro affordable Housing Bond Projects. The board is seeking new members with expertise in affordable housing and housing policy matters. Prior experience with housing and service will be prioritized. 

There are 4 openings and members with qualifications in one of more of the areas below are encouraged to apply: 

  • Members drawn from a culturally specific or minority group within Clackamas County. 
  • Member from a culturally specific service provider serving Clackamas County. 
  • Member drawn the elderly community. 
  • Member involved in real estate management and/or development. 
  • Member with expertise in affordable housing. 
  • Member drawn from the design and planning profession. 
  • Member drawn from the legal profession. 
  • Member representing rural communities. 
  • Member drawn from the construction general contracting profession with emphasis on those contractors that have affordable housing experience. 
  • Member drawn from the legal profession with affordable housing experience. 

The Housing Advisory Board currently meets on the first Wednesdays of the month from 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. via Zoom. The board will meet at least once a month for a one and a half hour period. The initial Board member’s term is for three years and subsequent terms (up to two) are three-year terms upon approval of the Board of County Commissioners. Prospective candidates are encouraged to consider the required time commitment prior to applying. 

The application deadline is April 29, 2022. For more information please contact Bayley Boggess at, or 503-936-1926

North Clackamas Parks & Recreation District – Milwaukie Center Community Advisory Board

The board has one opening, which carries a three-year term. The board is the primary policy advisor regarding the activities and operations of the Milwaukie Community Center, and also addresses the needs of older adults and people with disabilities in the area. Duties include addressing the programs and facilities of the Milwaukie Community Center concentrating on the needs, and desires of the senior citizens and others within NCPRD boundaries. Board members must either live or work within the NCPRD boundaries.

The Milwaukie Community Center is a North Clackamas Parks and Recreation District (NCPRD) facility. The board meets on the second Friday of each month at the Milwaukie Community Center.

The deadline for applications is April 29, 2022. For more information, please contact the Milwaukie Center Supervisor, Marty Hanley at or 503-794-8058.

Department Staff
Katie Wilson
Public & Government Affairs