County health experts caution use of homemade infant “formulas”

Main Content

Clackamas County health experts caution the use of homemade infant “formulas” and advise contacting your child’s pediatrician if you have any concerns about your baby's nutrition.

If your child has special health and nutrition needs, be sure to check with their doctor about medically appropriate and safe feeding alternatives.

Learn more from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (USDA) and the American Academy of Pediatrics:

Keeping Infants Safe in Midst of Formula Shortages

Is Homemade Baby Formula Safe?

Contact Clackamas County’s Woman, Infants and Children Program (WIC) to speak to a Registered Dietitian who can answer specific formula questions and concerns. Find a WIC office near you