New opening on ABC: Compensation Board for Elected Officials, Developmental Disabilities Council

Main Content

Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.

Individuals interested in this opportunity can apply online or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.  

New ABC openings from the past week include:

Compensation Board for Elected Officials

Clackamas County needs a volunteer to review and recommend elected officials’ salaries. Clackamas County is seeking residents knowledgeable in human resources and compensation administration to serve on the County’s Compensation Board for Elected Officials. There is currently one vacancy on this three member board. Members serve a four year term and attend four to five meetings (typically 2 hours each) between February and April. 

The Compensation Board for Elected Officials is responsible to conduct an annual review of Clackamas County elected officials' salaries and to submit a recommended compensation schedule to the county’s Budget Committee.  Subject salaries include those for the County Sheriff, Assessor, Treasurer, Clerk, Commissioners, District Attorney and Justice of the Peace.

We are looking for members from diverse backgrounds, including race, creed, color, sex, age, heritage, national origin or income. 

Application deadline is Tuesday, Nov. 29. For more information contact Heather Pedersen at

Developmental Disabilities Council

This board has up to 9 openings (up to 1 provider, up to 1 advocate, and up to 7 for families and/or persons with Intellectual disabilities and developmental disabilities), each of which carries a three-year term. 

The Developmental Disabilities Council is an advisory group that meets at least 8 times per year the first Monday of the month from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. This council advises Clackamas County’s Developmental Disabilities managers about programs and services for individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities. Members are appointed by the Clackamas County Board of County Commissioners. The group advocates both locally and at the state level on issues related to individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities. If you are a person who identifies as part of a minority group or you live in rural areas of Clackamas County or you are a person between the ages of 18-24 years old, we strongly encourage you to apply. Your voice is needed and is important to us. 

The deadline for applications is November 30. For more information, please contact Amy Butler, or 503-502-4718.

Department Staff
Chris Lyons
Public & Government Affairs