New opening on ABCs: Milwaukie Community Center Advisory Board; Enhanced Law Enforcement District Advisory Board

Main Content

Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.

Individuals interested in this opportunity can apply online or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751.

Milwaukie Center Community Advisory Board

The board has three (3) openings, which carry a three-year term. The board is the primary policy advisor regarding the activities and operations of the Milwaukie Community Center.

The Milwaukie Community Center is a North Clackamas Parks and Recreation District (NCPRD) facility. The community center provides programs that address the needs of senior citizens, people with disabilities, and others within NCPRD boundaries.

The board meets on the second Friday of each month at the Milwaukie Community Center. Board members must either live or work within the NCPRD boundaries.

Application deadline is Aug. 2, 2023. For more information, please contact the Milwaukie Community Center, Rachelle Bonsi at or 503-794-8013.

Enhanced Law Enforcement District Advisory Board

The Board of County Commissioners and Sheriff Angela Brandenburg are seeking seven (7) residents to serve for three-year terms on the Enhanced Law Enforcement Service District Citizen Advisory Board.

The eleven-member advisory board represents the various geographic and demographic interests of the service district. The board assists the Sheriff with identifying public expectations for the district, recommending service priorities, and supporting the Sheriff’s Office outreach functions. The committee meets every 2 months.

The Enhanced Law Enforcement District was approved by voters in November 1994 to increase the level of sheriff’s patrols and meet the increased demand of urban Clackamas County. The district serves the residents in unincorporated Clackamas County within the Urban Growth Boundary (as it existed in 1995), as well as the city of Johnson City.

Interested individuals must live within the unincorporated areas of Clackamas County and within the Enhanced Law Enforcement District. To find out if you live within the District, please call Sarah Comstock at 503-785-5020 or email at

Application deadline is Sept. 13, 2023. For more information, contact Sarah Comstock at or 503-785-5020 (voicemail option).