New openings on ABCs: Water Environment Services, Community Health Council, and County Parks Advisory Board

Main Content

Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.

Individuals interested in this opportunity can apply online or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751.

Clackamas Water Environment Services Advisory Committee

Clackamas Water Environment Services Advisory Committee has three vacancies; each carrying a three-year term. The 21-member commission provides input and makes recommendations on surface water and waste water issues to Water Environment Services (WES) and the Board of County Commissioners (BCC). Additionally, the committee:

  • Provides a forum for coordinating, learning, understanding and gathering input on surface water and wastewater plans, policies, rules and regulations, fees, and projects.
  • Reviews, discusses and makes recommendations on proposed operational and capital improvements to the region's surface water and wastewater treatment systems, master plans, investment strategies and capital projects.
  • Advises on and supports implementation of educational and public engagement strategies on issues relating to wastewater services, bio-solids management, surface water management, watershed health, erosion control and other related topics.

Ideally, members will have experience and/or background in wastewater management, watershed health and restoration, economic development, and/or surface water. Members must reside or work within the WES service area.

WES produces clean water, protects water quality and recovers renewable resources. We do this by providing wastewater services, storm water management, and environmental education. It’s our job to protect public health and support the vitality of our communities, natural environment, and economy.

WES serves the cities of Gladstone, Happy Valley, Johnson City, Milwaukie, Oregon City, West Linn, and the communities of unincorporated Clackamas County.

Committee membership includes:

  • 6 ratepayers from cities within the service area
  • 2 ratepayers from the unincorporated portion of Clackamas County who reside within the service area
  • 6 elected officials
  • 2 environmental representatives
  • 2 members of the development community
  • 2 business owners or managers from service area
  • 1 representative from the City of Milwaukie 

The following seats on the committee are open for recruitment with terms that run from Jan. 1, 2023, through Dec. 31, 2026 (three-year term):

  • 1 ratepayer from the City of Gladstone 
  • 1 ratepayer from the City of Oregon City
  • 1 business owner or manager in the WES Service area
  • 1 unincorporated representative

Application deadline is Nov. 23, 2023. For more information, contact Chris Koontz at or 503-679-4034. 

Clackamas Community Health Council

The Council currently has openings for 14 additional members, comprised of consumers, patients, and clients only. The Council oversees operations, budgets, and quality measures at the Health Centers clinics throughout the county. Per federal requirements, the Council must be composed of a majority of patient members, therefore current patients (or their guardians) will be given priority to join the Council to maintain compliance. The Council conducts business through public meetings, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., on the third Wednesday of each month, in the county’s Development Services Building in Oregon City.

Note: Due to COVID-19, meetings are primarily held in a virtual format until further notice.

Council members are not required to have expertise in healthcare, but should be interested in improving the quality of care and patient experience in the Health Centers. Council members should be comfortable working with a diverse group of people and willing to reach consensus on various topics and make recommendations to Health Centers Leadership and the Board of County Commissioners. Individuals who represent all geographic areas and demographics are highly valued by the Council.

Application deadline is Nov. 29, 2023. For more information, contact Juliana Danforth at

County Parks Advisory Board

Plan for family friendly parks, and camping by serving on the Clackamas County Parks Advisory Board (PAB). The PAB is seeking four volunteers to serve on the County Parks Advisory Board to represent the unincorporated areas of the county in advising administration and the BCC on matters pertaining to county parks’ policies, management, development, acquisition, budgets and other significant matters related to park administration. Four members are needed to serve four-year terms. Applicants must be residents of Clackamas County.

The PAB meets the third Tuesday of the month, at 6 p.m., at the County Parks’ administration office, 150 Beavercreek Road, Oregon City, or via Zoom virtual platform.

Application deadline is Dec. 14, 2023. More on the PAB can be found online. For more information about the PAB and this opportunity, contact Christina Dannenbring at