From: Dylan Blaylock, Clackamas County Public & Government Affairs, 503-742-5917
Media and Interested Parties
Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.
New ABC openings from the past week include:
- Compensation Board for Elected Officials: There is one opening which carries a four-year term. The board conducts an annual review of the county's elected officials' salaries and recommends a compensation schedule to a budget committee.
Commissioners are seeking citizens knowledgeable in human resources and compensation management. Members attend four to five meetings each year from April to May. The deadline for applications is Thursday, Jan. 28, at 5 p.m. For more information, media may contact the Department of Employee Services' Heather Pedersen at email@example.com or 503-742-5484.
- Portland International Airport Citizen Noise Advisory Committee (PDX CNAC): Clackamas County has one citizen appointment to the committee, which serves a three-year term. The committee meets six times per year and performs the following activities:
- Reports in an advisory capacity to the Director of Aviation for Portland International Airport, through the Noise Management Office
- Acts on behalf of local jurisdictions as the official forum to address community noise concerns
- Monitors and provides input on the implementation of the current Portland International Airport Noise Compatibility Plan
- Reviews airport noise issues and provides input or recommendations
- Develops ideas and proposals for consideration in future airport noise plans
- Participates on advisory committees involved in long-range airport facilities and capital improvement planning
- Helps enhance citizen understanding of airport noise management through the work of the CNAC as a whole
- Periodically briefs the Port of Portland Commission on the committee's work
The deadline for applications has been extended to Thursday, Jan. 21 at 5 p.m. For more information, please contact Stacy Davenport at 503-655-8751 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals interested in any of these opportunities can apply online at https://web3.clackamas.us/abc/application.jsp or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.