From: Dylan Blaylock, Clackamas County Public & Government Affairs, 503-742-5917
Media and Interested Parties
Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.
New ABC openings from the past week include:
Oak Lodge Library Board of Trustees: This board currently has one opening which has a term ending in July 2018. Commissioners seek applicants who are willing to provide a leadership role to promote library services and activities. More on the library can be found online.
Board members advise commissioners on policies that guide the library and assure citizen involvement in the delivery of high-quality library services. Members meet at 5:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month. This position is open until filled. For more information, please contact Library Manager Mitzi Olson at 503-655-8570. In addition to the location listed below, an application form may be picked up at the library (16201 SE McLoughlin Blvd. in Oak Grove).
Clackamas County Parks Advisory Board: This board has openings for three regular members and two alternates, each of which carries a four-year term. Members represent the rural, unincorporated areas of the county to advise commissioners on all matters pertaining to county park policy and the management, development, acquisition and disposition of park property.
Applicants must be residents of Clackamas County. The board meets on the third Tuesday of every month at the county Development Services Building in Oregon City. The deadline for applications has been extended to Thursday, March 3, at 5 p.m. For more information, please contact Clackamas County Parks' Christina Van Duzer at 503-742-4663.
Portland International Airport Citizen Noise Advisory Committee (PDX CNAC): Clackamas County has one citizen appointment to the committee, which serves a three-year term. The committee meets six times per year and performs the following activities:
- Reports in an advisory capacity to the Director of Aviation for Portland International Airport, through the Noise Management Office
- Acts on behalf of local jurisdictions as the official forum to address community noise concerns
- Monitors and provides input on the implementation of the current Portland International Airport Noise Compatibility Plan
- Reviews airport noise issues and provides input or recommendations
- Develops ideas and proposals for consideration in future airport noise plans
- Participates on advisory committees involved in long-range airport facilities and capital improvement planning
- Helps enhance citizen understanding of airport noise management through the work of the CNAC as a whole
- Periodically briefs the Port of Portland Commission on the committee's work
The deadline for applications has been extended to Thursday, Feb. 18, at 5 p.m. For more information, please contact Stacy Davenport at 503-655-8751.
Individuals interested in any of these opportunities can apply online or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.