From: Ellen Rogalin, Clackamas County Department of Transportation & Development, 503-742-4274
Media and Interested Parties
Clackamas County will close SE Bell Avenue from Johnson Creek Boulevard to King Road from 7 a.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 16 to 5 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 26 for reconstruction and paving.
Road closure and detour signs will be posted. The road will be closed to all traffic (including local traffic) from Aug. 16-19, and will be closed only to through traffic from Aug. 20-26.
The paving is part of a larger Bell Avenue improvement project, funded through the North Clackamas Revitalization Area urban renewal district. Improvements include:
- Constructing the road base and repaving the surface of the full width of the street
- Adding sidewalks on both sides of SE Bell Avenue, and replacing substandard sidewalks
- Adding and improving accessible ramps on sidewalks
- Installing stormwater improvements, including infiltration, swales, storm pipes and drains
- Restriping the street to provide dedicated bicycle lanes
For more information, members of the media and public may contact Ken Itel at 503-742-4324.