New openings on Clackamas County ABCs: NCPRD Advisory, Milwaukie Center

From: Dylan Blaylock, Clackamas County Public & Government Affairs, 503-742-5917

Clackamas County

Media and Interested Parties

Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.

New ABC openings from the past week include:

Applicants are required to live in unincorporated Clackamas County within NCPRD boundaries east of Interstate 205. Residents from the district service area who are dedicated and committed to parks and recreation services are encouraged to apply. The term runs through June 2020. The deadline for applications is Thursday, Oct. 6, at 5 p.m. For more information, please contact Business & Community Services Deputy Director Laura Zentner at 503-742-4351.

Duties include addressing the programs and facilities of the Milwaukie Center concentrating on the problems, desires and needs of the senior citizens and others within NCPRD boundaries. Meetings are on the second Friday of every month from 9:30 to 11 a.m. at the center. The deadline for applications is Thursday, Sep. 22, at 5 p.m. For more information, please contact Milwaukie Center Supervisor Marty Hanley at 503-794-8058.

  • NCPRD Advisory Board: This board has one opening to serve a four-year term. Members of the North Clackamas Parks and Recreation District (NCPRD) Advisory Board advise commissioners on the design, planning, development and operation of parks in the district area. The board meets with commissioners twice a year and publishes an annual report in August. More information can be found on the NCPRD website.
  • NCPRD Milwaukie Center Community Advisory Board: This board has five openings, each of which carries a three-year term. The board is the primary policy advisor regarding the activities and operations of the Milwaukie Center, and also addresses the needs of older adults and people with disabilities in the area. More information can be found online.

Individuals interested in these opportunities can apply online or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.