Clackamas County offices to close at 3:30 p.m.

From: Dylan Blaylock, Clackamas County Public & Government Affairs, 503-742-5917

Media and Interested Parties

Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.

Two new ABC openings from the past week is:

  • Forest Advisory Board: This board has four openings, each of which carries a three-year term. This board actively participates in providing technical guidance to the county forest staff in all areas of forest management and harvest activities, timber land sales and purchases, and stand improvement activities, along with review of public input related to proposed activities. Professional forestry education in a Society of American Foresters accredited institution is a desired qualification. Applicants must be county residents, be actively employed in or recently retired from the forest industry, and have working knowledge of the Oregon Forest Practices Act. Diverse backgrounds including government, private industry, consulting forestry, forestry education, and small woodland management are desired. The board meets quarterly in Oregon City. The deadline for applications is Thursday, Jan. 19, at 5 p.m. For more information, contact Christina Van Duzer at 503-742-4663.
  • Tourism Development Council: This council has one opening that carries a three-year term. This council guides tourism programs and its members are authorized to oversee tourism promotion and development in Clackamas County. More information is available at Oregon's Mt. Hood Territory . The council seeks an applicant with a current affiliation with a lodging property located within the county. Those with a broad perspective and strong interest in implementing an energized and comprehensive tourism program for the county will be the most desirable candidates. Board members reflect and represent the diverse population of the county. The council meets on the second Wednesday of the month from 2 to 4 p.m. in Oregon City. The deadline for applications is Thursday, Dec. 29, at 5 p.m. For more information, please contact Janice Nilson at 503-655-8490.
  • Community Health Council: This council has five openings, each of which carries a three-year term. Members are responsible for the oversight of a federally-funded grant that provides primary care, dental and behavioral health services to county residents. More information is available online . Duties include reviewing and recommend service priorities for patients, determining program policies, and providing fiscal oversight. Membership requirements are guided by bylaws and federal regulations. At this time, representation is needed from patients served by Clackamas County Community Health's primary care or behavioral health clinics. However, applicants from various geographic areas in the county and various ethnic groups are encouraged to apply. Parents and guardians of patients are also eligible for membership. The deadline for applications is Friday, Feb. 17. For more information, contact Jeanine Goodwin at 503.742.5926

Individuals interested in these opportunities can apply online or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.