Clackamas County offices to close at 3:30 p.m.

From: Dylan Blaylock, Clackamas County Public & Government Affairs, 503-742-5917

Media and Interested Parties

Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.

One new ABC opening from the past week is:

The board is committed to balance and diversity of commission membership in the areas of geography, employment, interest, education and experience. Applicants from the traded sector business community with demonstrated leadership, commitment or expertise in business and economic development are encouraged to apply. The deadline for applications is 5 p.m. on Jan. 7, 2017. For more information, contact Catherine Grubowski-Johnson, Business and Economic Development, at 503-742-4303.

The committee meets on the third Tuesdays of the month in Oregon City. Experience and participation in a community planning organization, hamlet or village is helpful as a majority of the work on this committee is in conjunction with such groups. The deadline for applications on Jan. 31, 2017. For more information, contact Stacy Davenport, Public & Government Affairs, at 503-655-8751.

  • Economic Development Commission: This commission has nine openings, each of which carries a three-year term. Members advise and make recommendations to Clackamas County Commissioners on matters pertaining to the support and growth of a balanced, sustainable economy within the county and cities within the county.
  • Committee for Citizen Involvement: This commission has three openings, each of which carries a three-year term. Members advise Clackamas County Commissioners and county staff with the development and coordination of public involvement programs that promote and enhance community involvement. More information can be found online.

Individuals interested in these opportunities can apply online or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.